Happy Saturday Everyone ❤
Swipe for a close up of the freshly fried falafel and the homemade Shattah!
Falafel recipe ⬇️
1 Kg dried chickpeas
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
2 large onions chopped into large chunks
1 head of garlic
1. In a large bowl, soak the dried chickpeas in water for about 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain the chickpeas from the water and wash thoroughly, then drain once more.
3. Prep the parsley, the cilantro, the onions, and the garlic to be able to grind them with the soaked chickpeas (This step is done either using a meat grinder or a food processor, and is usually done in portions until all the chickpeas have been used).
This process should be repeated with the paste resulting from the first grind twice to get a fine-textured mix.
4. After grinding everything together, using your hands, mix the contents of the bowl very well to get a homogeneous Falafel paste.
Note: This recipe makes for a large amount. We take 1/4 if it and then divide the remaining batter into 3 bags, flatten the bags and seal them. They are then stored in the freezer for whenever we wish to fry up some falafel. The bags are to be defrosted 4-5 hours before frying time.
5. Before forming the falafel mixture into fritters and frying them, we add:
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground dry dill
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6. Mix the spices with the falafel paste and form into round balls.
7. Fry in preheated, deep sunflower oil on medium heat.
#foodart #feedfeed #f52grams #dohaqatar #deliciousrecipes #foodphotography #foodporn #foodgasm #foodphotography #qatarfoodbloggers #instafoodie #madefromscratch #foodiegram #foodie #bakefeed #foodblogfeed #onthetable #foodforlife #foodography #foodblog #eatingfortheinsta #vegan #recipe #qatar #veganrecipes #veganfood #falafel #veganlife #vegansofig #veganfoodshare