Halloween cinnamon rolls kept me busy this morning. Ingredients
* 3 Tbsp vegan butter/margarine
* 1 packet instant yeast
* 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
* 1 Tbsp Brown I sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 3 cups white flour. I used a mix of 1cup plain, 2cups self raising
* Icing sugar
* Vanilla essence
* Food colouring (optional)
* Cream Cheese
* DOUGH: Heat the almond milk and butter until warm and melted, do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool to luke warm/bath water. It should be warm but not too hot or it will deactivate the yeast.
* Add yeast and allow to activate for 10 minutes. Then add 1 Tbsp sugar and the salt and stir.
* Next add in flour 1/2 cup (68 g) at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, sprinkle some flour on a surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size (see photos)
* FILL: Roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (the thickness of the dough should be about 1/4-inch). Brush with melted butter and top with sugar and desired amount of cinnamon.
* tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a knife, cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered baking dish (you should have about 10 rolls)
* TOPPING: Brush with vegan butter (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 175C
* bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes then serve.
* Optional: Frosting made to taste with three ingredients listed
#vegan #vegandishes #veganrecipes #vegetarian #vegandessert #halloween #autumn #autumnal #halloweentreats #bats #monsterdesserts