? Guilt Free Loaded Mexican Quesadilla
This is my of a heathy oil free cheesy vegan quesadilla’s.
Nutrition Per Serve
Ingredients (serves 3)
3 Whole Meal Tortillas
1 Cup Black Beans (washed and rinsed)
½ Cup Corn Kernels
½ Green Capsicum (diced)
2 Tbsp Jalapenos (less to reduce heat)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (less to reduce heat, or paprika)
1 ½ Tbsp Tomato Paste
½ Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Parsley Flakes
1 Tbsp Vegetable liquid stock (or water)
Vegan Cheese (serves 3)
½ Cup Cashews
4 Tbsp Tapioca
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Water
1. Pre heat oven to 195’c.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the black beans, corn, capsicum, jalapenos, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cayenne, parsley and liquid stock. Set aside.
3. In a high-speed blend add the cashew, tapioca, yeast, garlic, ACV and water. Blend then transfer to a pot on a medium/low heat and heat whilst stirring until the cheese becomes thick and all clumps have disappeared. This can take 5 minutes plus. Set aside.
4. Using one half of the tortillas divide the black bean mixture. Then do the same with the vegan cheese.
5. Fold the tortilla and transfer to the oven. Cook for around 15-20 minutes in the oven or until the tortilla is starting to brown and toasted.
6. Remove from the oven, cut the tortillas in half and enjoy!