Giant Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie?
Hello cookie lovers! How about a giant chocolate chip almond butter cookie for breakfast? This one was inspired by @realizing_fitness who posted a peanut butter chocolate skillet cookie yesterday and I thought THAT is what I want for breakfast tomorrow? Such a cozy and romantic start of the weekend to spoon out a massive fudgy cookie with your loved one. The cookie is whole foods based and you only need 6 ingredients, a caste iron skillet and a love for chocolate chip cookies. Have a great day!
– 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons of water
– 240 g almond butter (or any other nut butter)
– 80 g organic coconut sugar
– 200 g almond flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– Pinch of sea salt
– 100 g organic dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a cast iron skillet (about 20 cm) with a little bit of coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix up the ground flaxseed meal with the water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes until a jelly consistency. Then, add the almond butter and coconut sugar and mix well.
3. Next, add the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder and sea salt) and stir together until well combined. Last, fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Transfer the cookie dough into the skillet, smoothing out into an even layer and bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the center is firm to touch.
5. Allow the cookie to cool down for 10 minutes before digging in. Delicious with a big dollop of dairy free vanilla yoghurt or ice cream.
#skilletcookie #chocolatechipcookie #dessertforbreakfast #chocolatelover ##eatgoodfeelgood #comfortfood #wholefoods #plantbased #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #healthyeats #healthyfoodshare #healthylifestyle #quarantinebaking #happyweekend