🥑🍅 Get Our new 100+ Delicious Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss, Clearer/Smoother Skin and A Healthier Lifestyle. 👉 Link in BIO @plantbasedig
Vegan spinach + ‘feta’ pasta bake with giant pasta shells (made using homemade fermented cashew cheese). By @panaceas_pantry
Follow us @plantbasedig for Daily vegan recipes
You’ll need 250g giant pasta shells. Cook as per packet instructions.
1 x can/box strained tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomato sauce/paste
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp finely ground sea salt
4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
1 sprig finely chopped oregano, leaves only
1. Heat olive oil in medium sized saucepan. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 mins on until browned
2. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare the spinach filling
100g vegan feta, crumbled- or vegan Parmesan, grated
200-300g spinach (frozen, then defrosted OR fresh and wilted) or silverbeet (chopped + blanched)
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp olive oil
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup vegan fermented cashew cheese (see blog post)
1. Heat a frypan over medium flame, then add olive oil. Add onion and salt and cook for 2-4 mins, or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for a further 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
2. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add cooled onion and garlic, and mix together until uniform.
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Pour a layer of marinara sauce in the bottom of a deep tray.
3. Spoon filling into pasta shells, placing onto the marinara base. You can layer the shells a little if you need to. Once you have finished filling, top with extra marinara sauce, sprinkle with vegan cheese (optional) and bake (covered) for approx 30 mins.
Delicious enjoyed as is, or with a nice green side salad!