Friends joining your bubble tonight? These cute Bite-Sized Vegan Buckwheat Blinis are delicious served with your fave toppings as a canapé. Whisked aquafaba replaces egg whites and creates a light textured pancake. Perfect for entertaining all year round!
Watch our recipe video here: http://bit.ly/vegan-blinis or click the link in our bio.
• 70g buckwheat flour
• 60g gluten free flour
• 150ml Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
• 10g dried yeast
• 10ml extra virgin olive oil
• Pinch of salt
• 70g aquafaba, this is the liquid from a tin of chickpeas
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tbsp. your favourite oil
1. Sieve the aquafaba (liquid from a tin of chickpeas) into a jar. Screw on the lid and place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
2. To make the blini batter, whisk together the flours, Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk, yeast and extra virgin oil olive in a large mixing bowl until it becomes a smooth batter. Cover and set to one-side to prove for 1 hour.
3. Remove the aquafaba from the fridge and pour out 70g. 4. Either use a free-standing mixer or a hand-held whisk to whisk the aquafaba into stiff peaks. This can take about 8 minutes.
5. Add the baking powder to the batter and stir through. Then using a metal spoon gently fold in the whisked aquafaba a spoonful at a time.
6. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, and wipe around the inside of the pan with some oil on a piece of kitchen paper.
7. Use a tablespoon measuring scoop to add the batter into the frying pan. Cook the blinis for a couple of minutes on each side, flipping them over when little bubbles start to appear on top and they turn golden.
8. Remove from the pan and continue to cook the remaining blinis in the same way until all the batter is used up.
9. Allow the blinis to cool before topping them with beetroot hummus, walnuts and dill fronds.
10. Store in an airtight container and eat within 24 hours.
#almondbreezenz #breezetheday #breezedit #almondmilk #realfood #nutrition #foodporn #foodie #veganrecipes #food #instafood #vegan #whatveganseat #foodgasm #easyfood #easysnacks #veganrecipes #vegancanapes #canapes #blinis