Freshly baked blueberry banana oat muffins anyone?
Currently adding blueberries to my list of produce that I can’t eat fast enough before the ripening process wins.
Other foods include…
1. Bananas (top offender)
These were perfect because they allowed me to use up a few spotty bananas AND some blueberries that were on their last leg. Win win!
These are minimally sweetened with coconut sugar along with being gluten free, dairy free plus packed with good fiber from the oat flour. So can definitely be considered a healthy breakfast or snack for the whole family.
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend 😊. #coconutkate
Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins: (Gluten free, Vegan, makes 12)
– 2 cups of oat flour (i like @bobsredmill)
– 1 3/4 cup of mashed banana
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or other plant based milk)
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– squeeze of lemon
– 1 tsp of both baking soda and baking powder
– pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
– 1/4 cup of coconut sugar + a little extra for sprinkling on top of each muffin.
– 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
Method: preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients, except your blueberries in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in your blueberries, very gently. Pour mixture into lined muffin tins (about 3/4 of the way). Sprinkle a little coconut sugar in the top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Enjoy!
#blueberrymuffins #homemade #bakedfromscratch #glutenfreebaking #veganbaking #feedfeed #makesmewhole #inmykitchen #healthybaking