Follow ? @veganfoods_delicious for more recipes!
Greek couscous salad with vegan kebab pieces! ?Who else is drooling right now…
Greek couscous salad ?
160g dry couscous
200ml boiling water
3 vine tomatoes
1/2 large cucumber
1 small red onion
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup cubed vegan feta (@violife_foods)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
vegan kebab pieces (i’ve used @vivavivera)
1. fry kebab on medium until cooked and crispy. set aside.
2. measure out dry couscous into a bowl, a little less than 1 cup. the couscous will expand with water so make sure the bowl is big enough! add boiling water, mix well, and cover for about 5-7 minutes.
3. in the meantime, prep your vegetables. cut tomatoes into quarters, then halve each quarter again. slice cucumber lengthwise down the middle, then cut into half moon slices. thinly slice red onion, and cut vegan feta into small cubes.
4. mix all ingredients for dressing together in a small bowl- extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried oregano.
5. once the couscous is fully cooked, fluff it up with a fork and mix in dressing. season with salt and pepper to taste (keep in mind that both the olives and vegan feta will be salty!)
6. add plant kebab pieces, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta, and stir together well. dress with an extra drizzle of olive oil, splash of red wine vinegar, and sprinkle of oregano if you like, as well as some freshly ground black pepper. serve right away or chill for a few hours in the fridge to allow the flavours to mingle. Enjoy ?