First up with our homemade kimchi – Kimchi Fried Rice. First attempt turned out great success! Sometimes you just have to try right ?
Most of the gochujang in the market contain allium so I attempted this version without the usual Korean chilli paste~
Shiitake mushroom x 2
Fresh button mushroom x 2
About 1 bowl of kimchi (with the kimchi sauce)
Rice x 4 bowl (serves 4pax)
4 tablespoons of Kimchi sauce
2 Tablespoon Soya sauce
2 tablespoon Tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of mushroom powder
A little pepper
1. Cut all the ingredients including kimchi into small pieces.
2. Stir fry the mushroom, ham & kimchi (without the sauce).
3. Add in the rice and slowly add in the sauce & rest of seasoning.
4. Use small to medium fire to Stir fry until all ingredients are well mixed.
5. Top it off with Korean seaweed & egg for the best combination!
Tip: Tomato sauce gives the “red” and sweetness to the dish, you may add more if you like. Also, depending on the taste of your kimchi (salty etc), you may want to add in the seasoning slowly and adjust to your liking.
#vegetarian #travel #veggiefood #sgvegetarian #hawkers #vegetarian #vegan #vegetarianfood #likeandshare #homemade #koreanfood #kimchi #kimchimaking #koreanvegetarian #kfood #homerecipes #kimchifriedrice