First attempt at sushi 😋
3 different kinds of “fish” all with cucumber, carrot, and avocado. We have tofu, “white fish” made of heart of palm, and “tuna” made from tomato. Tomato recipe is originally by @carrotsandflowers but I didn’t boil them, I just peeled and marinated.
Recipe for the
– 1/2 large tomato, peeled, seedy bits removed, and cut into thin strips
– 1/4 block firm tofu cut into thin strips, mine was marinated in soy sauce, ginger, and garlic for an hour
– heart of palm
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1/2 tbsp sriracha
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 1/2 tbsp ginger
1. In a container, or shallow bowl, mix the sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger.
2. Add peeled and sliced tomato. Let hang out for up to 30 minutes.
3. That’s it 🥳
Note; this is also how I prepare heart of palm to be battered for “fish” and chips except I don’t slice it after I flatten it.
1. Remove one cylinder (?) of palm heart from can and squish it with your hand against a cutting board to flatten in.
2. Slice lengthwise into about 8 slices.
3. Loosely wrap all 8 slices in 1 piece of nori and put into a container.
4. Squeeze juice of 1/4 lemon and 1 tbsp of pickle juice over the palm hearts, cover, and let sit for up to 30 minutes while you prep everything else.
1. Tbh I used leftover tofu that we used for Vietnamese banh mi (recipe coming soon) but basically marinate in garlic, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, any of the flavours above.
2. Slice thinly lengthwise.
Assemble sushi to your liking and enjoy ☺️
#happy #love #cooking #vegan #whatveganseat #veganfood #foodporn #foodstagram #foodie #quickmeals #quickdinner #foodlover #vegansofinstagram #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veganism #veganeats #easy #easyrecipes #easyvegan #mealprep #makeonceeattwice #recipe #veganrecipe #easyrecipes #recipeoftheday #recipeshare #dairyfree #nlvegans #sushi #sushilover