Festive cranberry and lentil bake ?
Juicy, fragrant and your new favourite vegan dish. This cranberry and lentil bake has a little festive crunch but we love it any season.
What you’ll need:
125g cooked puy lentils
25g dried cranberries
½ an onion
½ a clove chopped garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine
1 tbsp chopped sage
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
½ tbsp chopped parsley
¼ tsp smoked paprika
pinch of dried cloves
– Preheat the oven to 200c/180c/gas mark 6.
– Grease a 200ml ramekin (about the size of an individual pudding serving) and line it with baking parchment.
– On medium heat, gently heat the cranberries and red wine for three to four minutes. The cranberries should be plump and the wine thick like syrup before you take them off the heat.
– Once heated through, pour the cranberries and wine into the base of the ramekin.
– Mash about half of the lentils with a fork.
– Over a medium heat, warm up oil and the onion and cook until soft.
– Add the garlic, paprika, cloves and herbs and stir. Leave on the heat for another minute.
– Remove from the heat and add the lentils, tomato puree, soy sauce and cornflour. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and spoon them into the ramekin. Press down the mixture into the ramekin.
– At this stage, you can save the mixture for future use. It will keep for two days in the fridge or for up to two months in the freezer.
Place the ramekin on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
When ready, leave it to cool for a minute before tucking in!
#VeganRecipe #VeganDish #NisaGlobal #NisaDeals