fave pasta dish?? GO🗣🗣
mine personally has always been lasagna, especially veggie lasagna with zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms!!!🤤 such an easy and yummy vegetarian dish and the leftovers are BOMB.
Veggie Lasagna🥒🥫🧅 (originally adapted from @inspiredtaste !!)
-14 lasagna noodles (2 extra for filling in holes) I used a gluten free type!
-2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
-1 cup chopped onion
-3 cloves garlic crushed
-1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
-2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
-two cups spinach
-1 can crushed tomatoes
-1 cup chopped mushrooms
-1 container ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
-1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
-1 cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded -Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste + any other spices of choice
1. COOK NOODLES: Bring a large pot of water to boil then cook lasagna noodles according to package directions
2. MAKE VEGGIE SAUCE: Heat the olive oil in a skillet with over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, roughly 5 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, zucchini, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt then cook, stirring occasionally till softened, another 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in spinach & crushed tomatoes. Bring to low simmer & cook until liquid thickens, roughly 5 minutes. Season to taste with additional salt & pepper + any other spices of choice (i like oregano, basil, thyme)
3. MAKE RICOTTA FILLING: While the sauce cooks, stir the ricotta cheese & 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until blended.
4. ASSEMBLE: Spoon just enough vegetable sauce into a 9×13 oven safe baking dish to cover the bottom. Arrange four noodles side by side to cover the bottom. Spread about half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with a third of the parmesan cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Top with a third of the vegetable sauce. Add another layer of four noodles then repeat with remaining cheese & vegetables. Finish with a final layer of noodles, vegetables, parmesan, & mozzarella.
5. BAKE: Cover loosely w/ aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes, uncover then bake 15 minutes till top is golden brown:)