Falafel. The recipe I have here is the original deep fried falafels, but you can always pan fry or oven bake. Make sure to serve immediately after cooking for a crispy bite. Falafels are usually served with warm pita bread, hummus and tahini sauce (which I will make soon in my future posts)
Facebook ➡️ homerecipes101
2 Cups dry chickpeas (no canned chickpea)
2 Cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Cup fresh dill, chopped
6 Cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp dry coriander
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp baking soda
1 Cup water
1/2 Cup toasted sesame seeds
Corn oil for frying
1. Soak chickpeas in a large bowl with plenty of water over night with some baking soda to help them soften. The chickpeas will double in size.
2. Drain the chickpeas and add it to a food processor along with the onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro and dill. Pulse until the mixture is finely ground. Do not over blend!
3. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add cumin, dry coriander, toasted sesame seeds, water, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Form patties by using a falafel patty maker or by shaping them into small balls or flatter shapes using hands or a cookie scoop.
5. Heat about 4 inches of oil on medium heat. Once oil is hot enough drop around 7-9 patties at a time. Let them cook till it’s a gold color on the outside around 2-3 minutes.
#homerecipes101 if you make any of our recipes!
#food #foodrecipes #foodrecipe #yummy #yum #worldfood #foodpics #foodaholic #recipes #recipe #easyrecipes #veganrecipes #vegan #veganfood #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #vegetariano #healthyfood #healthy #healthyrecipes #healthylifestyle #healthyeating #mediterranean #foodporn #dinner #delicious #deliciousfood #tasty #falafel