Extra Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
* 2 pounds Russet potatoes (6 smallish or 4 medium), scrubbed clean
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 3 teaspoons garlic powder)
* 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 2 teaspoons onion powder, optional
* Freshly ground black pepper, optional
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
2. Cut each potato in half lengthways, then in half lengthways again to make quarters, and then cut each half in half lengthways on the diagonal to make two wedges (you’ll end up with 8 wedges per potato; make sure they are about the same thickness and size).
3. Place the sliced potatoes into a large bowl and cover them with hot water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and lightly pat them dry with a lint-free tea towel. Place the potato wedges on the prepared pan and drizzle them with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic (or powder), onion powder, salt and a generous amount of pepper on top.
5. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated in oil and spices, then arrange them in even columns across the pan so each wedge has a cut side against the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, then flip the wedges over. Arrange them in an even layer and return the pan to the oven.
7. Bake until the wedges are deeply golden, crisp and easily pierced through by a fork, about 25 to 30 more minutes.
8. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve while hot.
#veganmeal #veganmealplan #plantbasedmealplan #plantbased #vegan #potatoes #veganrecipes #vegansofig #bakedpotato #veganpower #whatveganseat #veganpost #fitvegan #veganmealprep #plantbasedfood #veganlunch #veganfood #veganrecipe #plantbaseddiet #veganfoodie #potatowedges #veganlunch #onlyvegan#veganfamily #veganknowledge #riseofthevegan #simplevegan #plantbasedvegan #easyveganmeals #vegandinner