Evening plant lovers! We’re starting out this cauliflower affair with these great cauliflower steaks I made tonight and ate for dinner! To start let’s talk about how difficult it is cutting these bad boys without it falling apart! I anticipated having four steaks but I ended up with two! It’s okay though, the recipe still worked out very well!
What you’ll need:
Half a cauliflower head (recipe for 2, 1 inch cauliflower steaks)
1/2 tbsp of Thyme (I used dried Thyme)
1/2 cup of melted butter (I love @earthbalance soy free vegan butter)
2 minced garlic cloves
1 TBSP of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 475
2. Cut cauliflower in half(vertically) giving you two halves. Remove the leafed stem at the bottom. Carefully slice cauliflower length wise, take two “steaks” for this recipe. (The rest can be used for the next recipe 😉)
3. In a pan, coat the two cauliflower steaks in olive oil, on both sides, and generously season with kosher salt and black pepper.
4. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the cauliflower to steam.
5. Once oven is preheated, place pan in oven with aluminum foil on for about 5 minutes.
6. While the cauliflower steaks are steaming, prepare the garlic butter sauce by mixing in 2 minced garlic cloves (I used fresh garlic), 1/2 tbsp of thyme, and melted butter. Stir to mix.
7. After 5 minutes remove the aluminum to bake. Coat the cauliflower with garlic butter & thyme sauce. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Flip over the steaks and bake for another 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat up a pan to sear the steaks, use high heat. I used the garlic butter thyme sauce to coat the pan slightly for searing.
9. Sear each side for a minute or two or until browned.
I turned it into a sort of #buddhabowl . Drop a comment if you want to know how I cooked the rest of the ingredients OR if you would try this simple cauliflower steak recipe!
#buddhabowl #cauliflowerbowl #cauliflower #vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #veganlife #vegandinner #vegandinnerideas #easyveganmeals #easyvegan #easyveganrecipes #easyveganfood #foodporn #foodphotography #_everythingkris #instafood #veganinthebronx #uptownvegans #browngirlmeals #browngirlvegan