Easy Tofu Fried Rice in 15 minutes or less!!
This is one of my go to lazy meals when I want something quick and have some leftover rice to use up! It is super comforting, delicious, and pairs perfectly with some veggie spring rolls! Usually fried rice would have scrambled egg in it but instead we are using scrambled tofu.
– 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed
– 1/4 tsp turmeric
– 2 cups of leftover brown rice (or alternatively cook brown rice prior to making this)
– 1 onion
– 1-2 cloves garlic
– 1/2-1 tsp ground ginger (I usually just add it until I like the taste)
– ~300g frozen mixed veggies (I used @stahlbushfarms frozen mixed veggies)
– 3-4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
– 2 tbsp rice vinegar
– 1.5-2 tsp sesame oil
– Chili garlic sauce for topping (I used one by @nakedcoconuts)
Serve with veggie spring rolls (if desired) & top with sliced green onion!
1. Heat up 1-2 tsp of avocado oil in a large non stick pan. Crumble up the tofu, add the turmeric powder and season with salt & pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it is just starting to brown. Then remove from heat.
2. Sauté onion & garlic in a bit more avocado oil until soft and then add your frozen veggies to the same pan & cook until veggies are soft.
3. Add your rice, and all remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings & sauces to your preferences. I kinda just add & taste as I go. Super customizable to your preferences!
4. Next just let it cook for a bit longer until the rice begins to crisp up