Dreaming of this lush vegan lemon cheesecake 🍰🍓🤤 recipe below ⬇️
Ingredients for the crust:
1 cup soaked pitted dates
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw almonds
pinch of salt
Ingredients for the filling:
1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 4hrs)
1 large lemon (juiced // approx. 50 ml)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
2/3 scant cup full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
1. Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the walnuts and almonds and process into a meal. Add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. Add the pinch of salt to taste.
3. Lightly grease a standard 20cm cake tin (put some baking paper at the bottom to make it easier to remove once the cake is done).
4. Next scoop in the crust and press with the back of a spoon, really press it down to make it compact. Set in freezer to firm up.
5. Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. If it won’t come together, add a little more lemon juice or agave or a splash more coconut milk liquid as the liquid should help it blend better. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
6. Pour the filling over the set crust and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
7. Once set, top with any of your favourite toppings, I used raspberries and some vegan vanilla coconut yoghurt. Although it’s also delicious without anything added to it.
8. Keeps in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks. You can set them out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, but I liked them frozen as well.