Did you have a souper weekend? (#seewhatididthere) We had perfect weather for this tomato soup with cheezy croutons. Both were so incredibly easy! To be honest, I took a big shortcut with the tomato soup. I wanted big tomato flavor, so I added oven roasted tomatoes to store bought soup, which gave it a homemade taste and feel. When I try to make homemade tomato soup I find the broth changes the flavor so much, and using tomato soup as a base gave me just what I was looking for. Here’s what I did:
– cut into chunks 3-5 tomatoes (on the vine or Roma or any variety you like)
– Roast for 30-50 minutes at 400° with avocado oil and salt
– when done roasting, blend tomatoes with tomato soup (I used Imagine, it’s dairy free!)
For the cheezy croutons:
– Sourdough cut into 1 inch pieces
– Olive oil
– Nutritional yeast
– Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except bread. Add bread to bowl and coat with mixture, then add to oven safe pan.
– Cook at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until desired crispness
If you make the soup or croutons I hope you enjoy it!