🍝😍 Demolish This Vegan Vodka Sauce! 📷 by @schoolnightvegan
🚨🚨Recipe: 80 g cashews (soaked overnight in water – sunflower seeds work too)
120 g water
300 g pasta
1 small onion (very finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (minced)
60 ml tomato puree
60 ml passata
60 ml vodka (make sure it’s vegan)
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1½ tbsp nutritional yeast
1½ tsp white wine vinegar —
1. Combine the soaked cashews with the water in the cup of a high-speed blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and boil until al dente. Before straining the pasta reserve at least half of the pasta water. While the pasta is boiling, make the vodka sauce.
3. Place a medium frying pan over medium/low heat and add a little olive oil. Once hot, add the very finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook gently until the onions are turning translucent.
4. Add the tomato purée, passata and vodka to the frying pan. Stir to make sure the onions are well coated in the tomato. Allow to simmer for around five minutes, stirring often, until the tomato paste has turned a deep, dark red.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. The sauce should be very thick at this point. Add around a cup or two of the pasta water – depending on how thick you like your sauce, and simmer for a further minute or two.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and serve!
Tag a friend in the comments who’d totally love this recipe! 💚
Follow @veganfood_house for more vegan recipes