Delicata Squash and Chickpea Masala by @betterfoodguru ❤This Indian inspired dish brings on the heat with garam masala, cumin and smoky paprika. The rich ginger, onion and garlic infused tomato sauce compliments the sweetness of the delicata squash. It is exquisite.
1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients: 1 delicate squash cut in half then sliced in 1/2 inch sections
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
1 15-oz can chickpeas drained
3 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ground turmeric
2 cups water
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1. In a deep sauté or wok, heat oil on medium then add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant
2. Add delicata squash, season with salt and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally to give the squash a chance to brown. By now the onions should be browning as well.
3. Push the seasoned delicate to one side to make space and add the cumin seeds and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir into the rest.
4. Push to the side again and add the tomato paste to caramelize for 2-3 minutes then add the water and stir well.
5. Add the chickpeas and the rest of the dry spices and bring to a boil, then turn to a simmer and let cook until the delicata is fork tender and the masala sauce is thick and gravy-like in consistency (around 10 minutes)
6. Garnish with cilantro and black pepper and serve with rice.
Follow @hala_shares to see more!!
#dinnerideas #plantpowered #veganrecipes #vegandinner #healthyrecipes #eatingclean #glutenfree #veganlife #photography #thefeedfeed #eeeeeats #eattherainbow #vegan #lifestyleblogger #veganfood #foodideas #veganfoodlovers #whatveganseat #fashion #beauty #fashionblogger #foodblogger #foodstyling #cleanliving #veganfoodshare #bestofvegan #foodphotography #healthyfood #style #vegancurry