Follow @veganrecipeplans 📸 Photo & Recipe: @thefoodietakesflight 🤤 These are so perfect for sharing! Get the cauliflower recipe:
2 small heads (600g total) of raw cauliflower, makes around 3 cups of florets
Oil for frying
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
1. In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the batter until it turns into a smooth, thick consistency.
2. Evenly coat the florets in the batter. You can do this in batches. In another bowl or plate, add in the bread crumbs.
3. One by one, place each cauliflower from the batter into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat well using one hand (this is to avoid messy hands—I usually use one hand for dry and one hand for wet when coating cauliflower). Press down the bread crumbs on the cauliflower. Set aside once coated.
4. Heat a frying pan with some oil. Once hot, place the cauliflower florets and cook until golden brown, moving it around on each side every 2 minutes or so.
5. Once golden brown, set aside on a strainer to drain excess oil or you can put this on a plate with paper towels. Let cool for a few minutes then enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce!