Creamy Tom Yum noodle soup packed with umami flavors by @woon.heng
Follow @vegangotgame for more delicious vegan recipes!??#vegangotgame
Recipe (makes 1-2 servings)
– 1-2 servings noodles of choice (prepared as directed)
– 7oz (200g) firm tofu, pressed & pan-fried, then seasoned with salt
– 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), chopped or 2 teaspoons dried lemongrass
– 1 tomato, cut into wedges
– 1/2 cup chopped vegetables of choice (used Gailan)
– 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (used oyster mushrooms)
– 1 tablespoon TomYum or red chili paste (or more as preferred)
– 1 tablespoon chili oil with sediment
– 3-4 cups of water
– 2-3 tablespoons @Yondu.usa umami vegetable seasoning sauce
– 2-3 Thai red chili
– 1-2 teaspoons coconut sugar (optional)
– 1/2 cup coconut milk (more for a creamier version)
– 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
– oil for cooking
1. In a heated non-stick pan with 1-2 tablespoons oil, sauté lemongrass over low-medium heat until aromatic. Then, add in TomYum paste, mushrooms, vegetables & give it a quick stir.
2. Add in water & Yondu (start with 1 tablespoon) along with tomatoes.
3. Bring the soup to a rolling boil, then turn heat to low-med & simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chili oil, lime juice, sugar & stir in the coconut milk to combine. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients (chili, tofu, noodles) & give it a quick stir until all incorporated. Taste test & season with more Yondu if needed.
5. Serve warm with fried shallots or more lime juice.