Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus by @eatwithclarity
• 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 cup runny tahini
• 2 roasted red peppers (drain the excess liquid if from a jar)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp salt
• Juice from 2 lemons
• 2 large cloves garlic
• 2 tbsp ice cold water as needed
• Black pepper to taste
• Optional: 1/2 tsp cayenne
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a pot on the stove.
2. Cover with water and add the baking soda.
3. Boil until the chickpeas are very soft (kind of mushy looking) and some of the chickpea skins have surfaced to the top.
4. After about 15 minutes, take a spoon and scoop off the skins that have surfaced to the top.
5. Drain and rinse under cold water.
6. Add the lemon juice, garlic, salt and tahini to a food processor.
7. Process until the garlic is finely chopped, scraping down the sides and bottom as needed.
8. Add in all remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. I like to let it run for a good 4-5 minutes to ensure it’s ultra creamy. Add the water at the end and only if it’s too thick. It will depend on the size of your peppers and how much liquid they’re releasing.
9. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. I usually add a touch more salt and olive oil for more flavor, but you can add more tahini, cumin, anything else!
10. Transfer to a container and place in the fridge. It’s ready to eat now but sometimes gets a bit warm from processing, and it’s best cold!
11. Serve with pita bread, crackers, chopped veggies and enjoy!
#food #vegan #veganfood #vegans #veganlifestyle #veganmeals #veganlife #veganbaking #veganrecipes #veganfoodshare #veganfoodlover #veganfoodie #igfood #healthyveganfood #healthyvegan #vegetarianrecipes #hummus #foodie #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedrecipe #vegandinner #whatveganseat #foodrevolution #veganlove #veganfoodporn #eatsplants #veganlunch #veganbowl #eatyourveggies #veganfoodshares