Creamy, comforting gnocchi soup with #vegan coconut bacon aka the perfect dairy-free dish for a cozy night in! Not only is this soup full of flavor but it’s jam packed with nutrients from our Good Karma Unsweetened Flaxmilk + Protein! Get the recipe ⬇️✨
Recipe: Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup with Coconut Bacon, Vegan, serves 4-5
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter or Olive Oil
3 Carrots, shredded and chopped
2 Celery stalks, chopped
1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
½ C Mushrooms, sliced
2 2/3 C Vegetable Stock
1 ½ C Good Karma Unsweetened Flaxmilk + Protein
½ tsp Dried Basil
1 Bay Leaf
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1-2 tsp Coconut Aminos (optional)
2 C Potato Gnocchi, *can use frozen
1 ½ – 2 C Kale or Spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
toppings: fresh thyme,
1 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos, Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 ½ tsp Liquid Smoke
1 ½ tsp Maple Syrup
1. Heat vegan butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 min until onions are translucent.
2. Add mushrooms, dried basil, and garlic powder. Stir and cook an additional 2-3 min until mushrooms have softened.
3. Add vegetable broth, Good Karma flaxmilk bay leaf and coconut aminos if using, bring to a simmer. Once it has reached a simmer, stir in the gnocchi.
4. Cover and cook for 10-15 min.
5. Stir in kale and cook an additional few min. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
6. To serve— ladle into bowls top with coconut bacon (directions follow) and fresh thyme sprigs! YUM!
7. Directions for coconut bacon: Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until coconut is coated. Place in an even later on a baking sheet and bake for 15 min or until browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool and crisp up.
#soup #vegancomfortfood #soupseason #gnocchi #easyrecipes #dairyfree #veganrecipes