CREAMY BOW TIE PASTA SALAD 🍅🥗🍝 🙃🙌🏻
Lemony hummus instead of mayo for the dressing along with a squeeze of tabasco makes for the creamiest + easiest sauce. DELISH!
Ingredients * 1 bag of gluten-free pasta of your choice. I used bow tie pasta, also known as “farfalle” but you can use any shape you like
* 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
* 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
* 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil for the pasta water
* 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil to roast the broccoli
* pinch of sea salt
* pinch of ground black pepper
* 1 cup of roasted, pre-steamed broccoli
* 2 cans of lemon tuna (I always buy the low-mercury varieties)
* red pepper flakes (optional)
* a sprinkle of sumac (optional)
Hummus Picante Dressing
* 8 tbsp of hummus for every 4 bowls of the pasta (2 tbsp per bowl)
* 1 tbsp of Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
* A dash of chili olive oil (optional)
1. Follow cooking instructions on the pasta of your choice. I like to add sea salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the water I cook the pasta in. Gluten-Free pasta (especially if it’s corn or brown rice-based) can get pretty sticky, so the extra virgin olive oil keeps it from clumping together as it cooks.
2. While the pasta boils, let’s roast the broccoli with a dash of olive oil, sea salt and pepper! I cut it into individual florets and place them in a baking tray, at 400F for 20-25 mins and toss them half way through. If you’d like, you can roast the tomatoes there, too.
3. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl or platter. Allow it to cool down. I always add the hummus and picante dressing in first, and toss well to coat evenly. Then I mix in the veggies and tuna. I toss again and refrigerate prior to serving. It’s always better to shake/toss than to stir with a spoon.
#vegetarianfood #saladlove #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #foodblogger #whatsonmyplate #getinmybelly #eatrealfood #goodeats #wholefoods #foodblogeats #foodblogfeed #LoveFood #foodandwine #foodporn #foodie #eeeeeats #comfortfood #pasta #pastarecipes #bacon #easyrecipes #dinnerrecipes #instafood #imsomartha #thatsda