CRANBERRY ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES 🍊 The perfect companion to your morning cup of coffee!
•1/2 cup almond flour
•1 1/3 cups oats (gf if needed)
•1/4 tsp salt
•2 tsp baking powder
•1/4 cup solid coconut oil
•1/4 cup coconut sugar
•1/3 cup plant milk
•1 tsp vanilla
•2 tbsp orange juice
•1 tbsp orange zest
•1/3 cup dried cranberries
•1/4 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans)
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, oats, salt, and baking powder.
2. Add in the solid coconut oil and incorporate it into the dry ingredients. You can use knives or fingers.
3. Add the sugar, milk, vanilla, and orange juice and mix until just combined. Fold in the orange zest, cranberries, and nuts.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Take the chilled dough and form into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 6 triangles and place on the baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool and enjoy with butter or jam!