//Colocasia Leaf Stew// Colocasia leaves are an excellent source of iron, calcium, folic acid and fibre! Enjoy this Maharashtrian “Patal Bhaji”! 1. 2 and 1/2 cups chopped Colocasia Leaves(Patra na Pan)
2. 1/4 cup washed and drained Split Chickpeas/Chana Dal
3. 2 tbsp roasted and crushed Peanuts
4. 1 tsp Turmeric
5. 2 tsp Garam Masala
6. 2 tsp Coriander and Cumin powder or Dhana Jeera Powder
7. 1-2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
8. Salt to taste
For Tamarind and Jaggery Pulp
1. 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
2. 1 tbsp chopped Jaggery
Mix both in water.
1. 2 tsp Oil
2. 1/2 tsp Cumin
3. 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
4. 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
5. 7-8 chopped Curry Leaves
For Dry Masala
1. Dry Roasted Coconut
2. Roasted Coriander Seeds (Dhana/Dhania) and Cumin (Jeera)
3. 1-2 Dry Red Chillies
Mix all in a blender and blend to a fine powder.
1. Cook the Split Chickpeas, Peanuts and 1 and 1/2 cup water in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Add all tempering ingredients in heated oil. Add Colocasia leaves and saute it. Add Salt, Turmeric, Garam Masala, Red Chilly Powder, Pulp and Dry Masala. Add water and let it simmer. Add cooked dal. Bring it to boil.
3. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with Naan, Roti or Flatbreads!
Note: Add 1tbsp roasted gram flour + 1tbsp water mixture if you want the stew to be thick!
Do tag @rishandtan if you try it!
#jainfood #jainsofig #jainism #veganism #vegatarianism #vegansofig #vegetariansofig #jainrecipes #veganrecipes #vegetarianrecipes #veganfood #vegetarianfood #veganmeals #vegetarianmeals #thefeedfeed #f52grams #onepotmeal #vegancurry #veganstew #vegetariancurry #vegetarianstew #maharashtrianfood #indianfood #colocasialeaves