COCONUT CURRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP by @jackfruitfulkitchen 💛
Follow us @vegetdiet for more vegan recipes 💚🌱
This soup is Creamy, silky, flavorful, gluten free, and full of plant protein! Get the recipe below 👇🏼
Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup 💛
• 8 C fresh or frozen butternut squash, cubed, tossed with EVOO + salt and pepper
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
• 1 red chili pepper, diced (more or less for desired spice)
• 1 TBSP cumin seed
• 1 TBSP curry powder
• 1 tsp coriander
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1/2 tsp cardamom
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 C vegetable broth
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
• 14 oz white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 TBSP maple syrup
• 1 TBSP tomato paste or chili garlic sauce, depending on desired spice
To Serve 🌶
• coconut yogurt
• freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
• crispy chickpeas
• red chili pepper, diced
1️⃣ Line two baking sheets with foil and place in oven while it preheats to 450.
2️⃣ Once preheated, spray lightly with oil and spread seasoned squash onto sheets, being sure not to over crowd. Roast for 25-40 min (depending on fresh vs. frozen) until golden.
3️⃣ Meanwhile, heat a small amount of water or oil in a large Dutch oven over medium low heat. Sauté onion for 3-4 min until tender. Add in garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and spices. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
4️⃣ Transfer roasted squash to pot and add in broth, coconut milk, and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients.
5️⃣ Using a blender or immersion blender, purée until smooth. Season to taste.
6️⃣ Serve hot with recommended toppings (coconut yogurt and chickpeas are a must! 😍)