Cinnamon sticky buns ?
I went to MIT for college and I have serious NOSTALGIA for the Flour Bakery sticky buns (I was a vegetarian then) ? So this time I challenged myself to make them vegan + healthy + no yeast! Not an easy feat, but we did it ?
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp vegan butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp vegan butter, softened
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Mix all dry dough ingredients in a bowl. Mix all wet dough ingredients in a separate bowl and let sit for ~3 mins until milk is curdled. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix gently. Lightly flour the counter surface. Knead the dough and shape it into a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll it out to a 10”x14” rectangle.
3. Combine the filling ingredients. Spread evenly on the dough. Roll along the long side, and cut rolls into 9 pieces.
4. Bake in a 8”x8” pan for 20 mins.
5. In the meantime, mix the glaze ingredients together. Top the rolls with glaze and bake for another 5 mins.
6. Let cool slightly and serve!
This is the perfect FALL recipe that you need to make right now! Feel free to sub pumpkin spice for cinnamon if you’re ready to PSL ? The recipe makes 9 rolls with 130 kcal and 5 g protein per roll.
Follow for daily original vegan recipes ?
#cinnamonrolls #cinnamonbuns #vegancinnamonrolls #stickybuns #pumpkinspice #dessertofinstagram #dessertporn #veganrecipes #plantbasedrecipes #plantbaseddiet #f52grams #f52community #thekitchn #thrivemags #bestofvegan #bestofveganbaking #feedfeed #feedfeedvegan #feedfeedbaking #food52 #foodrevolution #veganfoodporn #healthyfoodshare #vegetarianrecipes #vegandessert #healthydesserts #healthyvegan #veganeats #eatplants #falldesserts