CHOCOLATE CHIP SPIDER COOKIES 🍪🕷🖤
Another Halloween recipe for you! Simple, spooky (yet cute?🤣) and delicious 🤩
Makes: 8 large cookies
You will need:
– 1 3/4 cups plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
– 3/4 cups light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 2 vegan eggs (I use @freeandeasyfoods egg replacement)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup vegan milk chocolate chips
– 2 bars vegan white chocolate
– black food colouring
– 16 edible eyes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer/large bowl, sieve the flour and add the baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
3. Add the vegan butter, light brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla extract and vegan eggs to a separate bowl. Mix everything together until fully combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, once again mixing until everything is combined. The mixture should be a soft cookie dough texture.
5. Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
6. Use your hands or a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and roll the dough into 8 balls. Space these out a fair amount on both baking trays as the cookies will grow.
7. Place the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes until they turn golden. Once cooked, they will still be very soft but will harden as they cool.
8. Once the cookies have cooled, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 20 second bursts until completely melted. Add the black food colouring slowly until it turns black, adding too little will turn grey.
9. Add the dyed chocolate into a piping bag with a tiny piping tip. Draw spiders onto the cookie starting with the centre first and adding the legs. Set the chocolate by placing the cookies in the fridge for around 10 minutes. Finally top each cookie with two edible eyes. The chocolate will still be soft so just press them into the cookie and they will stay.