Chili with Cornbread 🥄🌽🍞
Since it’s finally Fall 🍂 I thought it would be appropriate to make my Homemade Chili & Cornbread ✨😋👩🍳
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion -diced
• 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes* -optional
• 2 cups cups vegetable broth
• 1 large tomato -diced
• 2 (16 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (16 oz) can chili beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1. Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally
2. Add the diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt pepper, garlic powder, optional dried chili flakes and tomato sauce. Stir well until combined.
3. Add the broth and rinsed beans. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat (medium-low) summer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
5. Garnish with scallions serve with a side of warm cornbread.
•1/4 cups unbleached flour
•1 cup yellow corn meal
•2/3 cup cane sugar
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 tablespoon baking powder
•1 1/4 cup oat milk
•1/3 cup canola oil
1. Preheat the over to 400°. Add dry ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl. Mix together.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
3. Grease a non stick 8×8 pan. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.
#vegan #veganfood #veganiseasy #veganism #veganchili #chilli #veganfoodshare #veganforlife #veganlife #veganislife #veganfoodie #vegancornbread #organicfood #organicingredients #veganismdaily #veganismisthefuture #veganisdelicious #plantbased #plantbasedfoodshare🌱 #veganlifestyle #veganeats #veganfallrecipes #veganrecipeshare #veganrecipes #crueltyfree