Chickpea, cauliflower and pineapple casserole 🍍
Pepe’s prep time ⏲ 15mins
Cook time 👨🏻🍳 60 mins
The combination of the sweetness of the pineapple, the warm spice of the cauliflower and the texture of the chickpeas makes a really tasty combo!
Chickpeas X 2 tins
Butternut squash X 1 small
Red pepper X 1/2
Onion X 1
Garlic X 3 cloves
Cauliflower X 1/2 large
Carrots X 1
Pineapple X 1/3
Coconut milk X 400ml
Chopped tomatoes X 1 tin
Tomato puree X 2 tbsps
-Firstly roast the Cauli florets with a coating of cumin powder & olive oil in the oven for approx 20mins on a medium heat.
– Add the drained chickpeas for a further 10 mins in the oven.
– Meanwhile dice your squash, onion, pepper, garlic & carrots, sweat these in a medium hot pan until they start to soften
– Add the spices, salt and pepper until all the delicious flavours have combined.
– Coat the veg with the coconut milk.
– Add the chopped tomatoes and puree to the pan.
– Cook the casserole on a low heat for 45 mins stirring occasionally(add water if it needs more liquid).
– Add in the roasted Cauli & chickpeas.
– Dice the pineapple into chunks and add these to the casserole about 5 mins before serving.
– Serve with fluffy white rice.
– Garnish with chopped spring onion.
#vegansofig #vegan #veganrecipes #vegancasserole #vegetarianrecipes #veganchef #chickpeas #pineapple #vegetarianchef #kualalumpur #veganmeals