Cherry Tomato, Chilli and Basil Linguine
• 1kg cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 2-3tsp ancho chilli flakes
• 70ml olive oil
• 1tsp sugar
• 1/2tsp salt
• Handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
• 400g linguine
• 200ml water
• Cashew parm**
• Heat the oil in a large pot and then add in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, carful not to burn it.
• Add in the tomatoes, chilli, sugar, salt, and water. Bring up to a boil stirring the entire time. Once it’s boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for around an hour, stirring regularly.
• Once the sauce has thickened and all the tomatoes have broken down, turn off the heat and add the basil leaves.
• Cook the linguine until Al dente and then stir into the sauce.
• Top with cashew parm
** 3/4 cups raw cashews, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 1/4tsp garlic granules, 3/4 tsp salt. Whiz it all up in a blender and keep in the fridge.
#veganfood #vegan #wholefoods #pasta #linguine #anchochile #cherrytomatoes #foodporn #veganfoodporn #plantbased #cashewparmesan #healthyfood #healthyeating #veganuary #veganuary2021