🧀🍄 CHEESY POTATO PAN DUMPLINGS WITH MUSHROOM 🍄🧀 It’s like a dumpling, paratha & a pancake had a baby …& I have the recipe for you!🔥Hit save on this post, share with your pals & scroll for all the juicy details…
This flavour combo is always a crowd pleaser, they can be made in advance & don’t take much time. You can definitely get experimental. Switch up the flavour profile depending on what you like / have at home. Add spring onions (scallions), spinach, take out the mushroom. The world’s your oyster!
Recipe for 10 pan dumplings:
– 2 Potatoes (peeled)
– 5 Mushrooms (grated)
– 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
– 1 cup Mature Cheddar/ 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
– 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
– 1/3 cup Flour (plain or GF alt)
– 2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1 tsp Black Pepper
– 2 tsp Salt
– Put your potatoes on to boil in some lightly salted water.
– Meanwhile in a frying pan, on a medium heat, add a touch of oil along with mushrooms & garlic. Sautée for 5 mins.
– Once potatoes are cooked, drain well & mash. Stir in the mushroom mixture & set to one side to cool.
– Once cooled, mix in the cheese followed by the flour, baking powder, salt & pepper. You should have a semi-firm mixture. Now add the breadcrumbs until it reaches a consistency that’s firm & can mould into a fat, mini pancake 🥞 Add little by little until you get the consistency right (it should be a bit sticky). Once you’re there you’re ready to roll!
– Wet your hands to stop the mixture from sticking everywhere. Grab a golf-ball sized amount of dough. Roll into a ball & pat until it flattens to about 2cm, smoothing the sides too. Roll out the rest- use baking paper/ a floured surface to avoid sticking!
– Pop a frying pan on a medium-high heat with a little oil. Keep a lid to hand. Add your dumplings & sear for a 3-4 mins on one side. Turn, splash a touch of water into the pan a quickly pop the lid on so they steam & brown on the other side for another 3-4 mins. Once golden & puffed up, you’re ready to eat!
💃🏽ET VOILA! Serve with your favourite sauce/ sides 🥗🍅🌶️