Cheesy Mushroom Vegan Pasta
by @admiravlyvegan 🤤🤤🤤
Ingredients for 2 people:
– 250 g pasta
– 75 g cashews
– 200 ml water
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion
– 2 garlic gloves
– Salt, pepper and chili to taste
– 1 Tbsp soy sauce
– 40 g dried mushrooms
– 100 ml white wine
– 400 ml mushroom soaking water
– 40 gr capers
– (optional) 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
– Fresh parsley
For topping, fried onions:
– 1/2 onion
– 15 g flour
– 100 ml sunflower or rapeseed oil
1. Soak the cashews for at least 5 hours or cook them in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain them and pour away the soaking water. In a blender blend cashews and 200 ml of water until you have a thick, smooth cream.
2. Heat water in a pot and cook the pasta.
3. Soak the mushrooms in 400 ml of hot water The soaking time depends on the mushrooms you use. The recommended soaking time should be written onto the package. Drain them but !DO NOT! throw away the soaking water, this will give your pasta sauce the perfect mushroom taste. Simply drain the mushrooms above a bowl. Chop the mushroom in whatever size you want them to be.
4. For the fried onions heat oil in a small pot. Cut the onion into stripes, add flour to a small bowl and toss the onions. Put them into the hot oil and fry for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Chop onion, garlic and parsley. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for 1 minute. Then add garlic and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with soy sauce. Add chopped mushrooms and fry for a minute, then add white wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Add the cashew cream, mushroom soaking water, capers and nutritional yeast. Also add salt, pepper and chili to taste. At least add the cooked pasta and parsley. Let simmer for 2 minutes and serve the pasta with fried onions on top.