cauliflower alfredo pasta?
inspired by @biancazapatka ?
-it’ vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free!
-there’s nothing much to say except I LOVE IT!
•500 g pasta of your choice(gluten-free)
•600 g cauliflower
•300 ml vegetable broth
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 onion(finely diced)
•3 to 4 garlic cloves(minced)
•1 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened(i used soya milk)
•salt and pepper to taste
•1 tbsp olive oil
•2 tbsp soy sauce(or tamari sauce)
•3 cups spinach leaves(about 1 1/2 if using frozen spinach)
•vegan parmesan(or any cheese, if not gluten-free)
1. Cook the pasta to ‘al dente’ according to the package instructions. Then drain and toss with a little olive oil to prevent them from sticking.
2. While the pasta is boiling, make the sauce. Cook the cauliflower florets in the vegetable broth for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
3. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
4. Once the cauliflower is tender, transfer both (cauliflower and broth) to a blender (or leave it in the pot if using an immersion stick blender to puree the sauce). Add the sautéed onions and garlic, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper and blend until creamy. (Add more non-dairy milk as needed to the desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings).
5. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and fry the mushrooms on high heat for about 3 minutes. Then stir and fry for another 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat. Once tender, pour in the soy sauce and stir until the mushrooms are marinated and nicely brown. Finally, add the spinach to the pan, cover and allow it to wilt for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve the cooked pasta with the cauliflower sauce, mushrooms and spinach(or other vegetables of your choice). Garnish with any cheese you like. Enjoy!
#pasta #pastalover #cauliflower #cauliflowerpasta #glutenfree #glutenfreepasta #vegan #veganfood #veganpasta #vegetarian #vegetarianfood #vegetarianpasta #dairyfree #mushrooms #spinach #biancazapatka #pastarecipe #plantbased