Cacao & Sour Cherry Granola ?
If you are searching for a delicious, healthy breakfast option the whole family will enjoy then look no further ??
A chocolatey bowl of fiber, protein, antioxidants and omega 3 that is delightfully crunchy and oh so moreish ?
See my reel on making this ?
-1 1/2 cups of raw buckwheat groats
-1 1/2 cups of gf oats^
-1/2 cup of shredded coconut*
-1/3 cacao nibs
-3/4 cup sour cherries**
-2 tablespoons cacao powder
Optional add ins:
-1/4 chia seeds
-1/4 hemp seeds
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon
-1/3 cup nut butter
-1/3 cup coconut nectar
-1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160 fan-forced (170 if not)
2. Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl (including add ins)
3. Heat wet ingredients in a hot pan until combined then add to the dry ingredient mix. Stir until well combined
4. Add the mixture to a large baking tray (lined with baking paper or a silicone sheet). Spread mixture out to ensure it bakes evenly.
5. Place the tray with mixture into the preheated oven.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to mix the granola around at least half way through the cooking process (try bring the mix around the edges of the tray into the centre as it tends to toast faster)
7. Once the granola is toasted (slightly darkened) turn the oven off and leave it in there for another 5-10 minutes to ensure a truly crunchy mix.
8. Bring the mix out to cool and store in an airtight container.
9. Serve with milk and enjoy!
Tip: use the granola as a topping on nice-cream or follow my lead and eat it straight out of the storage container ?
^can replace with buckwheat
*unsweetened is the healthiest option and works wonderfully
**if you don’t like cherries add dried blueberries or raisins