Butternut Squash Kale Salad 🥬 If you’re looking for a delicious way to include greens on the Thanksgiving table this year, you have to make this salad. Not only does it have roasted butternut squash in the salad, but the dressing is also made with squash and some roasted garlic, which gives it that depth of flavor that is just so GOOD and comforting. Topped off with toasted sunflower seeds and you’ve got a dish that will make everyone want to eat their greens!
This was one of the 4 side dishes we cooked in our Thanksgiving Sides live stream! If you missed it, the replay is on our YouTube channel. Link in bio! ↗️
Here’s the recipe:
3 cups medium diced butternut squash (about 1 medium squash) 2 tbsp 22ml olive oil
2 tbsp 10g ground coriander seeds
2 pinches sea salt
1 cloves 9g garlic, skin on
2 cups roasted butternut squash Roasted garlic
1 tbsp 20g dijon mustard
1/4 cup 43ml olive oil
2 tbsp 22ml white wine vinegar Sea salt, to taste
1 large bunch kale, sliced thinly
4 tbsp 35g toasted sunflower seeds
1. Preheat your oven two 450oF. Mix all the ingredients for the butternut squash together in a large bowl, making sure everything is coated.
2. Spread everything out on a large lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until squash is cooked and slightly golden.
3. Reserve half of the squash for topping and use the other half and the garlic cloves for the dressing.
4. Place the butternut squash for the dressing into a high-speed blender along with the roasted garlic cloves (take the skins off first). Add the rest of the ingredients for the dressing and blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, it should be a little acidic.
5. Assemble the salad. In a large mixing bowl, place kale and a few tablespoons of the dressing.Use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale—the kale should turn a lovely dark green color. Season with more salt if necessary.
6. Add massaged kale to your serving plate and top with the reserved roasted squash, sunflower seeds, and the rest of the dressing.