BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP 🥦 guys, dare I say it? This might just be better than Panera’s…👀
I was really bad about my measurements so bare with me -ingredients & instructions below 👇🏻 I made a giant pot so I would have lots of left overs, feel free to scale it down!
– 1/2 cup of @earthbalance butter
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 1/3 cup of diced celery
– 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
– 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
– 4-5 broccoli crowns, chopped into florets
– 1 cup of small, chopped potatoes (to make a true Panera copy cat, you can leave these out…but why would you? It’s potatoes, come on)
– 3/4 of flour (or more depending on how thick you’d like it)
– 4 cups of vegetable broth
– 2 cups of @califiafarms unsweetened almond milk
– 8 oz of @followyourheart cheddar shreds
– salt & pepper to taste
– some @breadalonebakery sourdough for dipping!
– in a large soup pot, melt butter. add in all veggies and sauté until tender (they don’t need to be fully cooked, they’ll continue you as you add in liquids)
– pour in flour and stir so veggies are coated. Slowly whisk in vegetable broth and non-dairy milk. Continue stirring over medium heat until thickened (about 10-15 minutes). After this if you want your soup thicker, you can throw in another tbsp of flour. If thinner, add a little more milk or vegetable broth.
– reduce heat and add cheddar shreds. Stir until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to your preference 🤤
*to reheat, put in a pot, heat on medium. You may have to add in some milk, as I have found overnight it will get thicker!