BANK HOLIDAY NIBBLES 🤩❤️👇🏽
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut butter is the most common of the “butters” to be used in baking, plant based recipe, or not. Tahini, the nut free alternative made from the humble sesame seed is an awesome alternative with heaps of flavour and should definitely not be banished to the back of the cupboard, reserved for the occasional hummus making!
These cookies are crispy round the edges, chewy, and laced with dark chocolate chips. Possibly our new favourite cookie… until the next creation!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes Cooking Time – 10 minutes Servings – 16 cookies
● 1 tbsp milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
● 130g smooth drippy tahini
● 60g vegan butter alternative at room temperature
● 80g soft brown sugar
● 120g white spelt flour or plain wheat flour or plain gluten free alternative
● 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
● 80g mini dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
2. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Mix together flax and water and set to one side for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile beat together butter, tahini and soft brown sugar in a stand mixer or in a large bowl
using a hand held beater until smooth and creamy!
5. Add in “flax egg” and beat to combine.
6. Add in the flour, baking soda and chocolate chips. I add the chocolate chips here as if you wait
until you have your cookie dough it’s more difficult to incorporate them!
7. Mix well to form a smooth, soft but not overly wet dough. Divide mixture into 16 balls; each
should weigh around 34 -35g if you want to be precise!
8. Flatten the balls a little between the palms of your hands and place onto the prepared baking
sheet. They will spread a little when cooking so cook them in batches if you don’t have a tray
large enough to leave a couple of inches between each cookie!
9. Bake for 10 minutes; I rotate the tray half way as my oven tends to cook things unevenly!
10. Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
11. I add some extra chocolate chips on top of the cookies as they come out of the oven so they
look nice and pretty…and who could say no to extra chocolate chips!