Baba Ganoush, Halloumi, cauliflower and harissa Middle Eastern wraps 🤩
Guess what… it’s recipe time!
This is a quick and easy meal to prepare! 🤩
I bang on about cauliflower all the time, but of late, I’ve found it a great substitute to meat and a good carrier of flavour.
Tom is going a bit lighter on the carbs to just keep the T2 diabetes in check so we actually tried @carbzoneuk low carb tomato tortillas (Through Ocado) and they are fab!
• Lebanese Spice
• Olive oil
• Halloumi (2 blocks for 2-4 people)
• Ground cumin
• Chilli powder
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Garlic powder
• 2 aubergines
• Tortilla wraps of your choice
• Harissa paste
• Spring onions
• Herb leaves (I used coriander and parsley)
• Red chillies
• Nigella seeds for garnishing the baba ganoush
• Break into small florets and throw into a bowl with olive oil and plenty of Lebanese spice (I use the cooks ingredients pots from @waitrose). Line a large baking sheet with parchment and place the cauliflower on there. Cook on 200c for about 30-45 mins. Don’t let them burn.
• On the hob, char two aubergines until blackened. Empty the flesh into a nutribullet or similar. Add a squeeze of lemon, garlic powder, teaspoon of cumin powder, dash of chilli powder and a swig of olive oil. Check for seasoning. Serve in a bowl with a nice swirl of olive oil and some Nigella seeds.
• Break up some coriander leaves, parsley leaves, chop a few spring onions, red chilli and in a bowl pour in some harissa (ours was ready-made @belazu_co rose harissa) – perfect 👌🏼
• Slice into 1cm slices and gently pan-fry in a little oil.
Serve it all on the table and load up the tortillas. Happy wrapping!
#recipeshare #sharingfood #cameraeatsfirst #britainsbesthomecooks #fakeaway #tastethisnext #eattherainbow #plantbased #aubergines #nomeatrequired #meatfree #tuesdayvibes #globaleats #easycooking #londoneats #londonfoodie #middleeasternfood #cookingwiththestandleys #lebanese #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarian #foodforfoodies #tahini #eattheworld #foodblogfeed #middleeastern #feasting #babaganoush #halloumi #feastagram