Autumnal Jackfruit Bowl??
The lovely people @jacknchillfoods v v kindly sent over some jackfruit and I knew that I wanted to make this “pulled pork” style jackfruit bowl? (inspired by @lazycatkitchen ?)
I love this recipe as it’s such a good transition from a cold summery dinner to a warm wintery one?The jackfruit was so tasty in a smokey spiced marinade and went so well with sweet cinnamon rice and fresh veggie slaw!
?Jackfruit (single serving)
1) rinse 1/2 a can of jackfruit under water to get rid of the slight bitter taste
2) fry a small onion in sesame oil until soft; then add 1 tbsp of minced ginger, a couple cloves of minced garlic and 1tsp of Chinese 5-spice (stir until garlic is soft)
3) add the jackfruit with 1/4 cup of veggie stock and stir until the jackfruit is soft
4) mix a marinade of: 1 tbsp each of dark soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar & 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce
5) pour over the jackfruit and cook for 15 mins until all incorporated
?For the slaw I julienned some carrots & cucumber and mixed it with pickled cabbage my sister made
?The rice is my mums sweet cinnamon brown rice with almonds??
?I love jackfruit so much because of its meaty texture & it went so well in this recipe! It was so quick and easy to whip up and used simple ingredients I had at home so I’m deffo gonna make this again!!??
#veganfoodie #veganfood #veganrecipes #healthyvegan #vegangirl #veganinsta #veganbreakfast #veganbrunch #veganlondon #veganlunch #veganprotein #postworkoutmeal #veganstudent #studentmeal #superfoods #veganporridge #highprotein #proteinshake #greensmoothie #smoothiebowl #acaibowl #tofu #vegancurry #salad #jackfruit #veganpulledpork #veganmeat