Aubergine massamaman curry ??sooo delicious and perfect for a cooold Sunday eve ? all vegan and homemade curry paste too but v easy!!
? aubergine massaman curry ? serves 1
– 1 aubergine
– 1/2 tin coconut milk
– handful of spinach
– tbsp peanut butter
– for the curry paste: 1/2 white onion, 1 garlic clove, half a chilli, 1tsp tomato purée, 1/2 tsp of each turmeric, cumin and smoked paprika, 1tsp curry powder and chopped ginger, 2 cardamom pods, lots of pepper
– heat oven to 220 degrees, half and score your aubergine diagonally, drizzle with oil and salt then place in the oven for 35 mins
– make the curry paste by frying the onion, garlic and ginger in a tbsp of oil, then when soft add in all the other ingredients and simmer on low for 10
– remove the cardamom pods and place paste into a blender and blitz till smooth
– rub 2 tsp of paste on the aubergine in the oven and continue to cook till soft
– fry the rest of the paste in a tbsp of oil till fragrant then add in the coconut milk and peanut butter and simmer
– season with soy sauce and add in the spinach, cook till wilted
– serve with rice or noodles and some lime ?