Are you looking for a tasty dish to serve a group of family or friends? These delicious meatballs in sauce are just perfect! For a nice cranberry side sauce, you can download my Christmas menu from the link in my bio, completely free!
250g chickpeas, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic ,150g mushrooms, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika powder, 70g gluten-free oats, 3 tbsp cut parsley, 2 tbsp soy sauce, Black pepper
250ml broth, 400ml coconut milk light, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 3 tbsp Italian herbs, 3 tbsp corn starch, Black pepper
1) Preheat a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, chop up the onion and fry this until translucent.
2) Chop 4 cloves of garlic and add these too. Fry for 3 more minutes.
3) Chop the mushrooms into small pieces, add to the pan with the cumin and paprika powder, and fry for 5 minutes.
4) Turn of the heat, add the oats to a food processor and blend into oat flour
5) Add the mixture from the pan, the chickpeas, soy sauce, black pepper to taste, and the 3 tbsp cut parsley.
6) Blend finely, leaving a bit of texture. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
7) Form 12 balls out of the mixture. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turn around and then bake for another 15 until crispy.
8) For the sauce you add coconut milk, soy sauce, mustard, garlic and onion powder, and black pepper to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
9) Mix the broth with the corn starch until there are no more lumps. Add this to the coconut milk mixture in parts, stirring continuously.
10) Let it simmer for about 5 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency, which is liquid but a bit thicker.
11) Serve the balls in the sauce.