*Almost* Vegan 20 minute ramen ⏱
My kids have a gross addiction to ramen. I don’t even know where they were first introduced to it. 🤷♀️
But you know what they say: ‘If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em’, so I whiped up this healthier option- loaded with veggies and rich curry flavours. I’m not sure my carnivore or my beige food eater will give it the 👍, but I would choose this version every time!
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 c. shredded carrots
1 c. Sugar snap peas
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1-3 tbsp red curry paste (I like @thaikitchen)
2 tsp curry powder
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1 can coconut milk
4-6 c. Veggie broth
8 oz ramen noodles (I used 3 pkgs)
1 lime, juiced
*1 tbsp fish sauce – this is optional and can be omitted to make the dish vegan. I like the depth of flavour it brings to the dish.
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium.
2. Add carrots, peas and mushrooms with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add in curry paste and curry powder, ginger and garlic. Stir for 1 min
4. Stir in broth and coconut milk. Season again with S&P.
5. Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
6. Add in the ramen and cook until al dente- about 10 mins.
7. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice, the fish sauce (if using) and add in any toppings like cilantro, jalapeños or nuts.
Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand. Just get them already before you start. This can be reheated but be sure to remove the noodles from the sauce when you refrigerate, otherwise you’ll get a mushy clump for leftovers.
Hit the save button and be sure to tag me in your kitchen creations! I’d love to know if you make this and what you think. #christieskitchenlovestory.
#eatyourveggies #ramenlovers #noodlelover #lunchinspo #japanesefood #ramenbowl #almostvegan #vegetarianfood #vegan #noodlebowl