After a few gingerbread recipes, I think it’s time to put the spotlight on chocolate peppermint! These cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious! They’re sweetened with dates and have the perfect balance of chocolate and mint?
Vegan Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
•1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•1 cup pitted dates
•1 cup plant milk (I used almond milk)
•2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax mixed with 6 tbsp water- let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken)
•1 1/2 tsp mint extract
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1/2 cup chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder).
3. In a blender combine the remaining wet ingredients (dates, plant milk, flax eggs, mint extract, and vanilla extract)
4. Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms.
5. Stir in chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
#vegan #vegancookies #christmas #veganchristmas #veganchristmasrecipe #veganchristmascookies #datesweetened #wfpb #wholefoods #plantbased #wholewheat #chocolate #chocolatepeppermint #veganrecipeshare #whatveganseat #nutrition #rd2be #rdtobe