After a few gingerbread recipes, I think it’s time to put the spotlight on chocolate peppermint! These cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious! They’re sweetened with dates and have the perfect balance of chocolate and mint😋
Vegan Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
•1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•1 cup pitted dates
•1 cup plant milk (I used almond milk)
•2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax mixed with 6 tbsp water- let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken)
•1 1/2 tsp mint extract
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1/2 cup chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder).
3. In a blender combine the remaining wet ingredients (dates, plant milk, flax eggs, mint extract, and vanilla extract)
4. Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms.
5. Stir in chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
#vegan #vegancookies #christmas #veganchristmas #veganchristmasrecipe #veganchristmascookies #datesweetened #wfpb #wholefoods #plantbased #wholewheat #chocolate #chocolatepeppermint #veganrecipeshare #whatveganseat #nutrition #rd2be #rdtobe