A warm bowl of food is just good for the soul. This Pasta with Asparagus in Lemon-Tahini sauce, is so light and refreshing. It’s a simple, tasty and satisfying meal that is the perfect lunch perk me up 🍋✨
Posted @withregram • @yummyyatra
1 lb dry pasta
1/4 cup dairy free butter
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2/3 inch pieces
4 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tsp fresh lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup almonds flakes
Salt, as needed
Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
Nutritional yeast – as needed
• Toast the almonds in a dry skillet, for about 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly and set aside to cool in a wide bowl. Reserve the same skillet for the sauce.
• Next, boil water with some salt in a deep pot to cook the asparagus and pasta.
• Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
• To the same pot, add the pasta and cook till 2 minutes shy of al dente, reserving the pasta water.
• Meanwhile, prepare the sauce in the skillet. Heat dairy-free butter, add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
• Add the crushed red pepper.
• Season with salt (if needed), and add the toasted almonds. Turn off heat.
• Stir in the pasta to the sauce in the skillet and add the tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper and parsley.
• Toss well to coat the pasta in the sauce. Add some pasta water if the pasta appears too dry.
• Serve hot with some extra lemon zest if you like and nutritional yeast.