A truly summery lunchtime affair ?
Goats Cheese, Fig & Almond Salad
– 95g whole almonds
– 2 tsp honey
– 2 tsp soy sauce
– ¼ tsp paprika
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 100g rocket/mixed salad
– 6 fresh figs
– 150g goat’s cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180/160° fan
2. Place almonds on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine honey, soy sauce and paprika in a bowl.
3. Add almonds to mix and toss to combine. Return to tray and bake for a further 4 minutes. Set aside to cool and roughly chop.
4. Combine olive oil and vinegar in a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the dressing on the salad leaves and toss to coat.
5. Chop figs into quarters and arrange on plate with salad leaves, crumbled goats cheese and chopped almonds.
6. Drizzle with the remaining dressing just before serving.