A generous layer of chocolate spread on toast!
Doesn’t that sound good?
My kids love chocolate spread, but I’m always worried about the sugar levels in store-bought spread.
It’s addictively sweet and you never know how much sugar is in it🙄
So today I made this healthy chocolate spread using simple ingredients; cashew nuts, plant-based milk, cacao powder, maple syrup and kosher salt💚
It’s delicious, dairy free and easy to make!
If you are craving something a little chocolatey, this will be your saving grace as well!
Spread it, drizzle it, layer it and dip it😋
𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙬 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙎𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙
• 200g organic raw cashew nuts
• 200ml plant based milk
• 3 tbsp cacao powder
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• A pinch of salt
• (optional) if you are a sweet tooth, you can add coconut sugar
1. Place the cashews in a bowl and pour boiling water to submerge them. Leave for 30 minutes. Drain the cashews.
Place cashews and milk into blender and blend until creamy.
2. Add cacao powder, maple syrup and salt then blend well until well incorporated. Taste and adjust the sweetness as needed, adding maple syrup or coconut sugar.
3. Transfer to a 4evaeco stainless steel container with an airtight lid. Enjoy😋
※ You can keep it at room temperature for 2 weeks.
Tap to shop for a healthy lifestyle 💚