22 mile bike this morning felt great! Now time to fuel back up. Someone requested the recipe for my high protein vegan chickpea cookie dough, which is surprisingly good. Believe me, I was soooo skeptical at first but it is amazing. 🤤 Also, I apologize in advance since I don’t really measure but these are my guesstimations for my recipe!
*1 1/2 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight then cooked. You can also use 1 can of chickpeas rinsed very well. Pro tip: You can save the liquid for vegan egg whites btw!
*1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use @arbonne)
*1-2 tsp vanilla
*3/4 cup monk fruit sugar (sugar substitute which makes this sugar free)
*1/2 cup of nut butter of choice (I used chunky almond butter
*1/2 – 3/4 cup of cacao nibs or sugar free chocolate chips (depending on how chunky or chocolatey you want your dough)
*dash of salt
*splash of coconut milk (if needed)
1) Mash chickpeas until smooth
2) Add protein powder, sugar, vanilla, nut butter, dash of salt and splash of coconut milk (if needed).
3) Mix well.
4) Add cocao nibs or chocolate chips.
5) Add additional monk fruit sugar if desired for those with a sweet tooth. 😋💖
6) Let it chill in fridge for at least 1 hour!